Notice of Public Meeting – Proposed Development for 75 Dwellings
There will be a Public Meeting on Tuesday 30th November 21 at 7 pm in the Village Hall to discuss the planning application SMD/2021/0694, for the development of 75 dwellings.
Feedback from Public Meeting
Please find below the feedback from the public meeting held on 6th September 2021, to discuss potential measures following the installation of a pump track at Meigh Road playing fields.
Proposed ‘No Waiting’ Restrictions on A52 Cellarhead Road and Southlowe Road
Current Volunteer Opportunities Through Staffordshire Commissioners Office
The Staffordshire Commissioner’s Office (SCO) is seeking volunteers for a range of roles independent to Staffordshire Police and Staffordshire Fire and Rescue, which support the continuous improvement of both services through public scrutiny:
- Provide independent support to detainees who may be vulnerable, helping them understand what is happening during the police interview and investigation.
- Ensure the police comply with legislation relating to the detainee.
- Aid communication between the detainee, the police and others as required.
Safer Neighbourhood Panels:
- Made up of local residents who meet regularly with their area’s Neighbourhood Policing Commander, holding them to account for policing in their communities.
- Analyse local crime and anti-social behaviour data and provide constructive challenge to Neighbourhood Policing Teams (NPTs).
- Work collaboratively with NPTs to produce written reports on scrutiny topics.
Ethics Transparency and Audit Panel:
- Three roles are available – we’d particularly like to attract qualified accountants with an interest in public service and community safety.
- Approximately three days spread over a month, with an allowance paid.
- Oversees the governance arrangements of the SCO, the police, and fire and rescue.
- Acts as an Audit Committee for all three organisations.
- Experience of working with senior management along with the skill of reporting writing and use of Microsoft office is desirable.
- The deadline for application is 7 May, with virtual interviews taking place via MS Teams from 17 May onwards.
For more information and how to apply, visit: https://staffordshire-pfcc.
Meigh Road Car Park
The car park on Meigh Road is for the use of those visiting the playing fields. Overnight parking is not permitted and the car park will be locked at 9pm over spring and summer, and earlier during autumn and winter when the dark nights draw in.
Staffordshire County Council’s Reading Friends
Interested in reading but can’t get to the library? See the flyer below for details of the Reading Friends project.
Road Map out of Lockdown
Click on the link below to see the Government’s proposed road map out of lockdown.
Werrington Sports Ground
The Parish Council’s sports ground is situation on Leek Road, next to Shukers Farm. There are various football pitches, ranging from junior to full size. Changing and shower facilities, toilets and a small kitchen with hatch to outside are available. There is parking for approximately 30 cars. Although the ground is currently closed due to Covid restrictions, we welcome enquiries from any clubs/teams interested in using the ground once it reopens (some facilities may not be available due to Covid restrictions). We would like to encourage other sports and activities to use the ground, not just football, so if you run, or are a member of a club who may be interested in booking the ground, or part of it, please get in touch.
Enquiries should be directed to the Deputy Clerk – Gemma Keiher-Knapper at email@example.com or call 07860 397595.
* Season-long bookings will be given priority, as will bookings from the Werrington area.
Do you know of a Werrington resident who is due to turn 95 or 100 years old in the next few months? The Parish Council would like to know, so that we can arrange for a bouquet of flowers to be hand delivered to mark the special occasion. Contact the Clerk for further information.
To report a problem with potholes, pavements or any other Highways related issue, please use the reporting page on Staffordshire County Council’s website by clicking on the link below.
Community Fire Stations
To find out what is taking place at Community Fire Stations in the region, click on the link below.
The Connect and Pledge Project at Leek Community Fire Station is there to encourage and support the use of the Free community facilities by those members of the community that would benefit the most from access to free facilities that is able to provide the following:
- A Large Community Room that is able to accommodate up to 30 People
- A Small Community Room that is able to accommodate up to 8 People
- An Interview Room that can accommodate up to 4 People
- Small Break Out area
- Refreshment making area
- Fully accessible facilities
- Visitors Onsite Parking
Anybody interested in booking a room should contact the Local Business Support Team on 01785 898525 or SDGRoomEnquiries@staffordshirefire.gov.uk